Electric Pressure Cooker Fenugreek Chicken and Rice
My good friend Esat had requested that I post some recipes with Fenugreek so I came up with this recipe for Electric Pressure Cooker Fenugreek Chicken and Rice. If you look at the recipe, also notice that I put a note for stovetop cooking of the recipe. He probably wanted some recipes using fresh Fenugreek but unfortunately, it is not available where I live. Since I could not find it in any local grocery store, I had to order it from Amazon. Of course, I ordered both the leaves and the ground Fenugreek seeds.
I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have never cooked with Fenugreek before now. Fenugreek's Turkish name is çemen but unfortunately, I don't ever remember having it when I lived there. It is also used in Indian and Middle Eastern Cooking. Since I was unsure about it, I "Googled It" to get more of an idea about how it is used. The leaves can be used fresh or dried and the seeds are ground into a powder. I did remember reading that it was used in making imitation maple syrup flavoring too. I will definitely be experimenting with it and posting new recipes when I come up with something new. Hope you like this recipe.
- 12 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cubed
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Whole Grain Red & Brown Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 10½ ounce Campbell's French Onion Soup
- 1½ Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- First, add the olive oil to your Electric Pressure Cooker pan.
- Set the machine to your sear or brown setting (mine is 9).
- Heat the oil for 1-2 minutes then add in the chopped onion.
- Saute 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add in the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes more.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place the lid on the cooker and lock into place according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Then set the cooker to the rice setting and relax while your meal cooks.
- When cook cycle is finished, you can release the pressure valve or simply allow the pressure to release naturally (leave about 10 minutes).