Best Ever Homemade Burger Buns
When you try my Best Ever Homemade Burger Buns recipe, you will never buy store-bought again. I promise! These burger buns are so easy to make and best of all they are preservative free! What could be better than something so delicious and better for you than your store-bought?
Not just for burgers!
It is so satisfying to have food that tastes delicious not to mention when they look so pretty. Even though these the perfect bun for your burger, they are equally suitable for any type of sandwich (Spicy Chicken Sandwich or my Electric Pressure Cooker Boston Butt comes to mind!) your little heart desires! Whenever you decided to make up a batch for yourself, please let me know what you think. Although I only made four buns and a small loaf of bread with the remainder of the dough, the recipe will yield 8 large or 12 smaller buns.
- 1 Cup Warm Water (between 105 and 110 degrees)
- ¼ Cup Warm Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Yeast
- 2½ Teaspoons Sugar
- 1½ Teaspoons Salt
- 2½ Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs, One for egg wash
- 3⅓ Cups Bread Flour
- Vegetable oil for coating the mixing bowl
- Sesame Seeds, if desired
- To start with, place the milk, water, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Don't worry if you don't have a stand mixer, just use a large mixing bowl and do the mixing with a sturdy wooden spoon.
- Stir well and sprinkle the yeast over the mixture.
- Next, let the yeast bloom for five or more minutes.
- Then add the egg, melted butter, salt and 2½ Cups of the flour.
- Mix with the dough hook.
- Then add the remaining flour and mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Place a small amount of cooking oil in a large bowl, add the dough and coat well.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm place for 1 hour.
- By then, the dough should have doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pinch the dough into equal size balls.
- Shape into a burger bun shape and slightly flatten. Then place on a parchment lined or greased baking tray.
- Cover again with a towel and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Then place a pan filled with water in the back of the oven.
- After pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees, crack the egg into a small mixing bowl and add a teaspoon of water. Mix well.
- Next, brush the egg wash on each bun and then sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, the buns can be stored in a plastic bag.
- When ready to use, cut the buns in half.