Electric Pressure Cooker Alfredo Bucatini
Regrettably, it has been several months since I posted a recipe here and I am truly sorry. Just because I have not been posting, does not mean I have not been cooking. After purchasing my Farberware 6-Qt Digital Pressure Cooker, I have tried to cook almost anything and everything in it. So, I have plenty of recipes to share with you from all the experimenting. First, let me share my Electric Pressure Cooker Alfredo Bucatini. If you thought you couldn't cook pasta in a pressure cooker, I have great news for you. You are wrong, it can be done! You just have to be careful to not over cook it.
Of course, my daughter has been teasing me about how much I have used it. In fact, it is so versatile and convenient that I think I have probably used it at least 5 days a week since I bought it. One of the many things I love about this electric pressure cooker is the fact that you can leave it cooking while you do other things that you need to get done. Like, catch up on my Turkish Soap Operas on YouTube and Netflix. Or thinking up new recipes. Well, I hope you like this recipe. There are more to come so keep checking back.
More Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes Coming Soon!!!!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 6 ounces Barilla Bucatini pasta
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 8 Ounces Water
- 12 Ounces Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Italian 5-Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley or (2 Tablespoons fresh)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in your electric pressure cooker. The cook/sear on my Faberware cooker is P09. The default cook time is 30 minutes on P09 so just leave it on that setting for the time being.
- Next, add the onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add the water, heavy cream, cheese, salt, red pepper, and parsley.
- Stir well.
- Break the pasta in half (I normally would not do this but it is necessary because the pasta will not be submerged in the liquid otherwise.)
- Press stop on your cooker.
- Lock the lid in place with the steam vent set to the appropriate setting according to the manufacturer's directions for your machine.
- Press the menu button and set the machine for P07 which is vegetable steam. Reduce the time to 5 minutes from the default 8 minutes. Press start.
- When the cycle stops. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Serve with a nice salad or with some grilled meat. Afiyet olsun!