Easy Peasy Crock Pot Leg of Lamb
One of my favorite lamb dishes is Easy Peasy Crock Pot Leg of Lamb. Well, it is just one of my favorite dishes period. Since the hardest part is lifting the lamb into the crock pot, you will not believe how incredibly easy it is to prepare. All you have to do is mix the spices, coat the roast with the spices, drop some garlic cloves into a crock pot, add in the roast and cook on low 6-8 hours. Since it is a hands free dish, you can use the time you saved to clean your whole house. Either that or you can do like me and make a nice cup of coffee or tea and peruse Pinterest for hours. 😉
Crisp and Tender
Another thing I love about this recipe is the crispy bits left in the bottom of the Crock Pot. The lamb is so tender that you can cut it with a fork. My family loves rice and that is what I served this lamb roast with but it would be equally delicious served atop some creamy mashed potatoes. Any leftovers, if there are any, can be used to make a yummy sandwich. If you have never cooked a Leg of Lamb in the Crock Pot, give it a try. You won't be disappointed because you just set it and forget it. My family loves it and I am sure your family will too. Afiyet olsun!
- 5-7 Pound Bone-in Leg of Lamb
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Aleppo Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Cumin
- 4 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- Mix all the seasonings together.
- Trim any "excess" fat from the roast.
- Coat the lamb roast with the seasoning mix.
- Place the garlic cloves in the bottom of crock pot.
- Place lamb roast fat side up in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice, pilav, or mashed potatoes.