Gruyère Asparagus Tart
Have you ever tried to make homemade puff pastry? While it is not difficult to make, it is time-consuming because you have to chill the dough between each rolling. When I made it, I used a Martha Stewart recipe which can be found here. I adapted Martha's recipe for Asparagus Gruyère Tart when I made my Gruyère Asparagus Tart recipe.
Fresh From the Garden Asparagus
I made this tart for our Easter dinner this year and it was so delicious. When my friends Wayne and Gloria brought me some fresh asparagus from their garden, I was so excited. Of course, this was a sign I needed to post this recipe on my site. If you like asparagus, you will love this tart. This is a great recipe for #MeatlessMondays. Try it for yourself and let me know how you like it. Afiyet olsun!
- ½ pound Sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated
- 1 pound Fresh Asparagus
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll puff into a roughly 9 X 13 rectangle.
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Starting on the long sides, fold sides in ½ inch. Next, fold down ½ inch on the top and bottom.
- Use a fork to dock the pastry.
- Sprinkle the grated Gruyère over the entire bottom of the pastry.
- Arrange the Asparagus over the cheese, turning each one in the opposite direction.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.