Electric Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
My daughter really likes Beef Stroganoff. In my opinion, the dish is a little plain. However, after cooking it in my electric pressure cooker and getting that deep cooked all day flavor, I am now a fan as well. Since I had cooked so many things in my new cooker, I figured why not give this a go. With this in mind, I adapted my regular recipe into Electric Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
While the sauce quickly cooked away in the pressure cooker, I cooked the egg noodles in the traditional manner according to the package directions. Incidentally, this is a recipe that you can get on the table in about 30-40 minutes but tastes like you spent much more time in the kitchen. Of course, that will be our little secret. But don't take my word for it, try out the recipe for yourself and let me know if you like it. I hope you enjoy. Afiyet olsun!
Earthy, meaty mushrooms browning to perfection!
Mushrooms and Onions Sauteeing
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 12-ounce container of Mushrooms, (I use pre-washed and sliced because my daughter is picky.)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 22.6-ounce can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
- ½ Cup Water
- 16-ounce container Sour Cream
- 1½ Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 12-ounce bag of egg noodles
- generously salted water for boiling the noodles
- Put a generously salted stockpot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, turn your pressure cooker on to the sear setting. Mine is P09.
- Pour the olive oil into the cooker.
- When the oil is heated (1-2 minutes), add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add the lean ground beef and garlic. Cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Pour in the Cream of Mushroom soup and ½ Cup Water.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Press the stop button on your cooker and put the lid on with the steam valve set to the pressure setting. Make sure to follow your manufacturer directions and ensure the lid is locked into place.
- Set the machine to steam vegetables which is P07 on mine. The default time is 8 minutes, change that to 10 minutes.
- Boil your egg noodles according to the package instructions and then drain.
- When the cooking cycle is complete on the pressure cooker. Release the steam and open according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in the sour cream and the noodles and serve piping hot. Afiyet olsun!