Instant Pot Spicy Chipotle Chuck Roast is a quick and easy meal that can be prepped in your instant pot and kept warm for up to 12 hours. You could also just place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours. I love the flavor of chipotles in adobo sauce but if you are not a fan, you cut substitute a can of tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) and use half a can of water. Serve with a dollop of good yogurt (I like Cabot Farms Plain Greek Yogurt) or sour cream. It just takes a little of the edge off of the spice.
Why I Have Not Posted in Several Months
Now that I finally have posted a recipe for you guys, I would like to take a minute to explain why I have not posted in so long. On June 13th, I went to have some dental work done and I was a little nervous (I hate going to the dentist or doctor). They took my blood pressure and it was stroke level 210/130. My sister, Kim had followed me to the dentist because she knew I was nervous. She made me go to the doctor and I am so glad I listened to her.
New Website and New Beginning for Me
I had a great doctor, Dr. Anthony Metcalfe. He was very caring and kind to me. He put me on blood pressure and anxiety medicine. I told him I do not like taking medicine and that I was going to lose weight so I could get off the blood pressure medicine. He was so kind, he told me that we needed to get my blood pressure under control and did not make me feel worse about my weight. I think I surprised him because at my 3 months check up a couple of weeks ago. I had lost 46 pounds and my blood pressure was so low that he lowered my medicine and said if it keeps staying low, I can come off the medicine. If you would like to read more about my journey, you can go to my new website http://strongsmartbeautifulme.com.
Instant Pot Spicy Chipotle Chuck Roast
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp, Salt
- 5 clove, Garlic, raw
- 9.59 oz, Carrots
- 15.90 oz, Baby Potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 7 oz, Whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2.07 lb(s), Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 1.50 tsp, Granulated Garlic
- 0.30 tbsp, Spices, paprika
- 7 fluid ounce, Water
- Mix the spices and sprinkle ⅓ of the mixture one side of the roast.
- Spray inside Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Turn Instant Pot onto the sear or saute setting.
- When hot, place the roast in the pan seasoned side down.
- Sprinkle ⅓ more seasoning on the top.
- Turn the meat and sear the other side.
- Add the sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Pour in the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and the 7 ounces of water.
- Put the lid on according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Using the manual button, set the machine for 70 minutes.
- After the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Next, add the potatoes, carrots and additional seasoning.
- Cook on the steam setting for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure and serve with some cooling yogurt or sour cream. Afiyet